Operating Room Nurse
Operating Room Nurse
SubmittedJanuary 27, 2023
Employement StatusFull Time
CompanyNew Century Spine & Outpatient Surgical Institute
Contact TitleSurgical Coordinator
Contact Phone Number(201) 634-9000
Contact Fax Number
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides nursing car by assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation/re-evaluation of the patient. Provides and coordinates safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative, individualized and goal-directed nursing care to patients of the Center. SPECIALTY: O.R.
- At the beginning of surgery day, check suction pump, autoclave, O2, nitrogen cylinder, and low gas pressure alarm, as required by the tars surgery schedule, for proper functioning.
- Assist/delegates Scrub Tech with opening supplies for case.
- Prepare patient for surgery by verifying consents (surgical/anesthesia) versus patient identity and scheduled procedure, and assist patient into O.R.
- Be responsible for assessing and take action to relieve patient apprehension before and during administration of anesthesia, offer assistance to anesthesia personnel as needed.
- Remain at patient's side during induction.
- Performs surgical prep.
- Makes available the required and additional instruments and supplies as requested during the
- During local sedation cases, record vital signs and give medications as ordered by physician or anesthesia personnel.
- Act as a scrub nurse or circulating nurse during operative procedure.
- Makes a determination for the need to count sponges and needles as may be required by surgical case/procedure.
- Assist in transferring patient to Recovery Room.
- Be responsible for assuring that supplies for each case are ready for use.
- Ensure the cleaning of room after a case by delegating or by assisting other personnel.
- Assists with post-op call to patient on the afternoon or evening of patient's surgery and document call on patients record.
- Inventory and restock supplies as needed in O.R.
- Graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in basic CPR (in OR) and ACLS (in PACU)
- Evidence of continuing education
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Meets the needs of the nursing service as demanded by the schedule, particularly when overtime hours and time changes become necessary.
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients and others.